Thursday, June 07, 2007

Review: Advertlets Comes to Singapore


As I was browsing the web today for more ways in which I can improve my blog's access, I came upon Advertlets, a Malaysia-based web advertising company aiming for bloggers to promote their clients' advertisements.

Strangely enough, Advertlets seems to have a liking for Singaporeans as a market to promote their niche. I guess they are doing so much better than our dear countries[aka singh-kapoh! and Malu-SIA!], who are often seen bickering at each other at the tiniest things we can deemed off as Children's Pillow FIGHT.

Browsing through Advertlets' website showed me see a couple of elements which excited me. Not the money, but their web design. It is filled with cartoonish banners which makes me feel young, and reminds me tremendously of the comic, Mr. Kiasu. Very easy to digest, and easily well-liked I say, I'm expecting lots of youths will be signing up to them to earn a couple of dollars soon. Hey, it's good also, makes young people go practice their writing skills.


What's more, they are offering to Singaporeans cash to review their website from now till 31 July 2007.

Advertlets welcome various bloggers of ethinic race. Why so? You can write in Behasa Melayu[I am sure Indonesians can write in their own pidgin], English and Chinese.

One thing that touches me greatly when viewing through Advertlets' website was I came upon Yvoone Foong and Advertlet's cooperation. Yvonne Foong was only 16 when doctors diagnosed her with a rare genetic disorder called Neurofibromatosis. Her mobility is greatly affected as her illness accelerates against her health. Still, she fights on with her disease. Advertlets deserves a thumbsup for giving her a platform to raise medical bills. You can access Yvoone Foong's blog here.



So, why Advertlets?
Advertisers can choose their target group in accordance to the reader's age, hobbies, location to determin how well their advertisements can run.

For Bloggers, we just need to simply add in a couple of line into the html of out blogs and VIOLA, the advertisements that we choose will be shown online via our blog, and Advertlets will cash in for us the money in due time.

Advertlets is breaking into a new market in Asia in which allows blogger and advertiser to co-operate to gain a win-win situation. You gain, I gain. Everybody happy.

I like the system in which Advertlets choose to use polls and demography to determine how they run and disperse their advertisements on line.

So Singaporean bloggers, clap your hands and smile. Don't play play, got more money to eat Macdonald's, why not?

Link to: Advertlets

No comments: